Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thomas' reasoning

On our way home from Sam's, Thomas asks me for permission to go to the front yard when we get home to take a look at the dove in her nest. She is just out of reach of the kids, but low enough for them to peek in to see if she is still there.
"Ok, Thomas, " I agreed, as long as Anna was with him.
"May I please take my Duckie, too?" he asked.
"No, let's not take Duckie, because Duckie might scare the little bird. We don't want to scare her," I replied.
"Oh, no, Duckie won't scare the bird, because I won't open Duckie's mouth. "
He always has a good reason why...
Funny boy.

2 comments:

  1. He's a very funny boy!!! So glad that you're blogging again! I read the whole thing today! Great to catch up on the Pates!
    It sounds like that Thomas is keeping you all laughing! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Tamra! Yes, Thomas does keep us laughing. He's at that age where he says the funniest things! Thanks for your interest in our fam! :)

    ReplyDelete