Monday, November 16, 2009

Yum! Yum!

***WARNING: This blog post could cause you to get the creeps.***

A while back, I thought I would do a little research into what kinds of food dishes to expect in Cambodia. Kris and other friends have told me plenty about it, but I thought the good ole web would help me too. Well, let's just say that I think I made a mistake.


These are fried spiders! Thankfully, Kris says he has never been served spiders. Whew!




This is an item that our new friends Nick and Letty told us about, called "balut" or just "duck egg." Evidently, each egg has a "number," depending on how developed the chick inside is. If it is almost ready to hatch, with feathers and everything, it gets a 10. If it's barely anything but yolk and white, it may be a 0 or 1. What number are you? Take your number, crack it open, and enjoy!

Wow. I think I may try to stay away from this, too. I am totally trusting that if we are served something very, um, unusual, that God will give us grace in that moment to deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment